Saturday, January 23, 2010

How can I stop biting my nails and picking at scabs on my face?

My nails are almost non-existant due to constant biting. I have tried the bad tadting nail stuf but this doesnt work.


I also pick at scabs on my face and cause worse sores.


Any help would be great.


ThanksHow can I stop biting my nails and picking at scabs on my face?
There is something you can buy to stop you biting your nails, it is a bit like nail varnish but not quite, it tastes absolutely disgusting so you stop biting. As for picking scabs, will power. Say something like, right if i don't pick them for a week i'll buy something like a CD or something like that. incentives usually do the trick.How can I stop biting my nails and picking at scabs on my face?
I too faced the same problem, but try applying some chilly powder on your finger tips. Self control plays a very important role.
when ever u feel like doing that bite a carrot
Meth is a *****. Put the 9 ball down. Get help. I did.
I suggest you keep doing it until .... !





I'm just a radical person, don't blame me for suggesting this. On the other hand, if you are cured, ....
sounds like an insecurity issue





you should report this to your family doctor at once.





stop mutilating your body.
That comes from stress and unrelieved anxiety. See your doctor about taking something like Zoloft or Prozac, or, perhaps, a low dose of some tranquilizer.





A problem like that can escalate into near self-mutilation: my sister bit and tore at her nails until she damaged the nailbeds themselves and, as a consequence, the nails grow twisted and are grotesque looking.
are you on drugs? whats with the scabs on the face!? and biting yer nails, errrr are you on drugs?! nervous? .. umm .. im not sure wtf to say to you, ';but drugs are bad mmmkay!?';
Put Mehndi in ur nails which will make them stronger and hence difficult for u to bite.





Also appy Aloe gel on your face which will prevent scabs
wear oven mits at all times. tape them on so you can't cheat
You're suffering from Anxiety and/or Depression.





Initial treatment


Initial treatment of social anxiety disorder is based on the severity of your emotional and physical symptoms and your ability to function in daily activities. People who have social anxiety disorder often have depression as well. They may also have alcohol or substance abuse problems. Your health professional may ask you certain questions to see whether you might be drinking too much or abusing drugs.





Social anxiety disorder often goes undetected for years before treatment is sought鈥攂y that time, you may have developed behaviors that accommodate the fears. These habits or behaviors must be overcome to successfully manage social anxiety disorder.





First, your health professional must determine whether you are generally anxious about all social encounters, or whether a specific situation triggers anxiety.





Good luck.
That sounds sooo sad I feel for you Scott, maybe learn a new skill to keep your hands busy, they sound like they need it, play an instrument or make jewelry,write letters, learn pottery.........ANYTHING but don't do those things they will depress you and make others think you are ill.......... good luck...
THERES THIS STUFF CALLED APRICOT CUTICLE CREAM BY SALLY HANSEN. IF YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT BITING YOUR NAILS THEN JUST RUB IT ON YOUR NAILS. IT KEEPS YOUR NAILS SOFT AND THEY GROW WAY FAST. MY MOM TOLD ME ABOUT IT AND OF COURSE I DIDNT BELIEVE HER, BUT I TRIED IT ANYWAYS AND IT WORKED. EVEN GOT MY BEST FRIEND USING IT AND LOVING IT
just say no
sounds like a bad case of the pickums ....i suggest quit tweakin

No comments:

Post a Comment