Thursday, January 21, 2010

How can I avoid my finger nails chipping and cracking?

Recently found that my finger nails have been chipping at the ends which results in a layers pealing off right up to the skin which is not only unsightly but can also be pretty painful.





Is this a dietary thing? I've heard that calcium stops whitening of the nails, is this something similar?How can I avoid my finger nails chipping and cracking?
I think calcium would be good for your nails certainly.


Many nail varnishes can also be found which harden nails.


I have had a peeling nails problem (to a lesser extent) and have resolved it by always wearing the clear strengthening nail polish and never peeling my nails - i just cut them short to avoid further deterioration (ie i cut away the bit that is peeling rather than peel it back)How can I avoid my finger nails chipping and cracking?
Drink milk and dairy products. It might be a calcium defficiency. Using a nail strengthener or base coat will help them stay strong and will be less likely to break.
You might get your thyroid checked as it will cause symptoms simular to this

No comments:

Post a Comment