Saturday, January 23, 2010

Is there any way to prevent my nails from growing sideways?

I am currently in the process of quitting my nail biting habit. I realize that my nails actually grow sideways because I used to bite the flesh at the sides. My nails now look kind of weird because the the white parts are not just at the tip of the nail, but instead, at the left, right, and tip of the nail (I'm sorry if you can't get it). I am determined to improve the conditions of my nail.Is there any way to prevent my nails from growing sideways?
The first thing is to stop biting. You can buy something at most drug stores which you put on yout nail that make them taste terrible. I think it's called Bite-Stop. After your nails grow out you have to cut the nails straight across, so use a toe-nail clipper instead of smaller nail clipper. It will take a while since nails usually only grow about a quarter inch a month. You nail growth should change once you leave the sides of your nail alone.





If the problem doesn't improve you may have to have your nails removed to get them to grow in the right direction. I had this done with a toenail and needless to say, it is not a fun process.Is there any way to prevent my nails from growing sideways?
I have the same habit. I've been trying to quit but can't. I also bite the flesh beside my nails. I honestly think that there's nothing to do about nails growing sideways, (I know what you mean about the white part.) sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment