Tuesday, May 11, 2010

If i switch to gel nails from acrylic within the next cpl months will my nails still be ok?

ive had acrylic nails on for about 3 weeks. I have heard that gel nails are way healthier and more natural looking, so i want to get the acrylics taken off and get gels put on. But i wont be able to afford to do so for probably another week or two. will my real nails be ruined by then from the acrylic, or will they still be in good shape?If i switch to gel nails from acrylic within the next cpl months will my nails still be ok?
I wore acrylic nails for 3 years straight, and yes, my nails were damaged, but they became healthy easily. Gel nails are crappy in my opinion. I was doing the dishes before and one just fell right off. It doesnt take much to have them fall off, so you may want to keep that in mind. I recently got acrylics back on and thats what I would suggest. I just used nail strengthener the last time I got them off and it worked great at making my nails healthy again. If i switch to gel nails from acrylic within the next cpl months will my nails still be ok?
Gel nails are healthier but they don't last as long as acrylic. I wore acrylic for like a month and a half and they are completely damaged they are thin and cracked. I bought a special nail polish from the drugstore that is helping repair them and started taking biotin to make them stronger. Make sure when they remove the nails they soak them in this special solution that melts the nail off instead of taking them off using that stick or nail clipper which happened to me and that ruined them more.
the best advice for your particular situation can be had by consulting with your manicurist

No comments:

Post a Comment