Friday, May 14, 2010

How do you stop biting your nails?

I have a huge habit of biting my nails, and I need it to stop. This habit has been going on for years! I didn't care before, but now I am not a young child and appearance matters to me. I am in 7th grade and I want pretty nails. But that'll never happen with my short nails. I need tips, and fast!How do you stop biting your nails?
Stop doing it! Polish them so when you bite them, you bit off polish ant that's not really something you want to do. Or get fake acrylic nails because you can't really bite those off.How do you stop biting your nails?
Go to a salon and get your nails done, maybe get a french manicure. You won't want to ruin it, so you wont bite them. Maybe try putting something on your fingers like vinegar. Or you can even do your own nails, which will hopefully keep you from biting them.





Everytime you bite your nails, get yourself to stop and eventually you wont be biting anymore :)





http://www.youtube.com/applexxgreen
I bit my nails for 30 years and just stopped 3 months ago. I tried hypnosis, painting my fingers with hotsauce, chewing gum, polishing my nails, wearing gloves and none of it worked. Then about three months ago I used a system that help me identify when I was biting my nails like a trigger. Some people use a rubberband on their wrist and snap it when they are going to bite their nails. I did not use a rubberband, I used a verbal trigger.





Every person needs to figure out what works for them. As you can see I did alot of trial and error before I actually stopped. But part of your battle is already won...you want to stop. My 11 year old has no interest in quiting. Check out this article for more ideas on how to quit.
here are some ideas: get those fake long nails so every time you are about to bite them, they're there to remind you to stop, or you could try putting hot sauce or dirt in/on them. Hope I helped! Good luck!
I bit my nails all of my life until I was out of college...





the only way I have been able to stop biting mine is by keeping them painted all of the time !


I


they look prettier that way all around !





good luck!!!
There's some stuff you can buy to put on your nails so if you bite them it tastes nasty and you stop. Presto.
put nail polish remover on your nails and rub it off...when you bite your nails youll stop cuz it tastes reeaaalllllyyy bbaaaadd...dont ask just do
Oh god, yeah, I hated it too. I seriously hated nail polish. Get a nail filer and some nbail clippers. best of Luck %26lt;3
put nail polish on


then you wont want to bite them
chew on gum, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment