Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What is the best way to stop you self from biteing your nails?

I need to quit biting my nails.What is the best way to stop you self from biteing your nails?
My brother used to do that when he was like 10, my mom put this clear nasty tasting nail polish on his nails. Hes now 12 and is not biting his nails anymore =]





http://www.amazon.com/MAVALA-Stop-Biting鈥?/a>





theres the stuff, best of luckWhat is the best way to stop you self from biteing your nails?
Biting your nails can be a very unhealthy and unsightly bad habit. Not only does it make your hands look unattractive, it鈥檚 also a good way to transfer all kinds of nasty germs from your hands to your mouth. I don鈥檛 know anyone who loves biting their nails; just about everyone who does it wants to stop, so here are some tips on how to stop biting your nails.





First, try to replace your bad habit with a healthier one. When you find your hands traveling towards your mouth, stop yourself and pop in a lollipop, or better yet a raw carrot, instead. It will take some serious, conscious effort on your part to replace your bad habit, but you can do it if you really want to. If you don鈥檛 even realize you鈥檙e chewing on your nails, try wearing a rubber band on your wrist and giving it a little pop every time you find your fingers in your mouth. That will help bring your consciousness to your problem so that you can learn how to stop biting your nails.





Another thing that might help you learn to stop biting your nails is to make your hands look as pretty as possible so that you don鈥檛 want to mess them up. Splurge on a salon manicure so you get some pampering and care lavished on your poor, bitten nails. It only takes about a week or so to start seeing some growth and once you see some progress, you鈥檒l be less likely to want to bite. But remember - in time of stress you鈥檒l be tempted to go back to biting, no matter how pretty your nails so you need to find some other way to relieve your stress, like meditation, journaling, or exercise.
As a first step, use a nail biting deterrent such as a bitter tasting coating which is applied to the nails. Patience is needed while nails grow out to eliminate the effects of mistreatment.





Also, setting up a good nail care system can do much to conquer the habit. Those who have the nail biting habit often neglect their hands and give up on them altogether. Once a nail care system is in place, you begin to take pride in the appearance of your fingers and fingernails.





Click the link below for a nail care 12 point checklist:
Whenever I want to stop biting my nails I put fake ones on myself, or I go get them done somewhere.





That way, you can't exactly bite your nails and it will give them time to start growing. After a whlie, you'll most likely grow used to not biting them-- and then you'll stop.








Bad Habits do return though.
I use you bite my nails ALL the time. I hated it but i just couldn't stop. I started of with doing sports like badminton. It gets me concentrated to hit the bird and stop biting my nails. Now I dont bite my nails anymore. :] Or you could look at the sites that I recommend.
the only way is to make a conscious effort to stop. all the nasty tasting stuff in the world won't do it. you have to. putting your hand to your mouth is a hard habit to break. each time you move your hand up to your mouth, catch yourself and put it down.keeping you hands busy is a good way to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment