Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What is the best way to break the habit of biting your nails?

Iv done it my whole life and want to stopWhat is the best way to break the habit of biting your nails?
I bite my nails too, and I have done it as long as I can remember. What I do to make myself do it LESS is put nailpolish on them. If the nailpolish comes off, repaint it. That seems to work for me, and a lot of my friends have tried it and it works for them too. Hope this helps!





KimmyWhat is the best way to break the habit of biting your nails?
I had a friend who was able to stop biting her nails by putting scotch tape on her nails. Whenever she forgot herself, she'd bite the tape and remember to stop. It took a while, but it worked.
go to sally beauty supply store and buy this nail polish made for just that....of polish your nails and keep them looking nice...each time you go to bite them, you'll see how pretty they are.
Is it a nervous habit? If so, go to yoga - learn how to calm your inner self.





About your nails, theres this stuff you can paint on to your nails, and it tastes gross. Go into your nearest pharmacy and ask them what you can put on your nails to stop you biting them. They will give you the stuff i just said, im sorry i cant remember the name of it.


Good luck!! :D
Think about all the germs living underneath your fingernail.
when they get too long instead of bitting them trim them
-Horribly disgusting sauce on nails... like hotsauce, or something else you won't tolerate.





Also, trying to simply stop a bad habit doesn't work, you must replace it with a good habit(s). So do something that occupies your hands in another way! (The only things I can think of right now are knitting and crafts, sleight of hand, playing the harmonica)





I have the same problem for many years... am still struggling with it.
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment